The FileBound Action Pack enables users to “FileBound enable” any Windows, browser or legacy application without having to change that application in any way.
Supported FileBound Operations
The following FileBound operations are supported by the Action Pack:
- Scan and index documents using integrated application data
- Index and copy integrated application data into open documents metadata fields
- Import new documents (with metadata) from application
- Search for documents from integrated application
How Do I Install the Action Pack?
Actions packs are installed from the Ratchet-X Commander desktop application. To install an Action Pack, perform the following:
- In Commander, click Tools | Install Action Pack. This will display the Install Action Pack dialog.
- Select the Action Pack you want to install from the list of action packs on the left side of the dialog.
- Once selected, click the Install button. Note, if there is additional information regarding the selected action pack, a link will be made available below the action pack list. To view the additional information, click the link.
- Once the action pack installation begins, follow the screen prompts. Note that certain action packs may require prerequisites so be aware of any special prerequisite notes during the action pack install.
Important: Action Pack Prerequisite
Note that in order to use the Action Pack for FileBound, you need to have the FileBound Integration Kit installed. Check with your FileBound reseller for details regarding how to get the free Integration Kit if it is not installed in your environment.
Action Pack Demonstration Video
Click here to see a demonstration video of the Action Pack for FileBound.
Have a Question or Comment?
If you have any questions or comments regarding the FileBound Action Pack, you can email us at email@example.com.